4.08.2013

My skincare routine

Having a regular skincare routine is very important to help maintain healthy skin. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing your skin daily should be the staple in your routine as they help keep your skin clean, healthy and flake free. You should use an exfoliator and mask 2-3 times a week to keep your skin fresh and rejuvenated. 

Accessories such as cleansing brushes and clairosonics are really good for keeping your skin healthy, but remember to use them every second day as they are rougher on the skin and classed as a deep cleanse/exfoliate and may cause your skin to become very sensitive and sore. The skins PH level is from 4.5-5.5 so it is very important that you use products the are safe for your skin, and defiantly never use soap on your face as it is too acidic.
 Here are the products I love and use on my skin on daily and weekly basis'.


Sothys Immuniscience soothing Cleansing Milk
Use: Nightly to remove makeup, dirt and oil from the skin.
I have tried so many different cleansers, and its so hard to find one that will remove all traces of my makeup. This is the only one i have found that does the job perfectly. The fact that it is for sensitive skin makes me love it even more.



Sothys Immuniscience soothing Lotion (toner)
Use: Nightly after cleanser to remove excess products and re-balance skins PH levels.
You should always use a toner after cleansing to remove extra cleanser, makeup and oil, and to re-balance your PH levels. This is my favorite because it is a part of the sensitive skin range Sothys has. 


Nivea Visage light moisturizing day cream
Use: In the morning before primer application, and nightly after cleanse and tone.
I have used heaps of moisturizers, such as the Sothys Immuniscience fluid and simple daily moisturizer and this is my favorite so far. It isn't to light or heavy, and I feel it gives me enough moisturizing quality so my skin doesn't become flaky.

DMK alpha hydrating masque
Use: 2-3 times a week after exfoliant.
I received this product in a goodie bag and fell in love. I love that it is a gel so it doesn't feel heavy on the skin, it also doesn't sting my skin like a lot of other masks do. My skin type is combination but I do have DE-hydrated skin so this works wonders for me.


Simple smoothing facial scrub for sensitive skin
Use: 2-3 times a week after cleanse and before mask.
I love this scrub so much, it works effectively but nicely on my sensitive skin.
It helps my skin feel soft and flake free. defiantly would recommend it to everyone.


Lush bubblegum lip scrub
Use: I use this nightly before bed. 
Firstly this lip scrub smells and tastes amazing. Its so hard to not eat it, but I use it to help remove cracks/flakes/dry skin on my lips at the end of the day and it works perfectly.

 
Lucas Papaw ointment
Use: before bed, after the lip scrub. 
This lip balm helps keep my lips moisturized all night, so that when i apply my lipstick/lip stain there are no cracks. 

** all photos in this post were taken by me.

3 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Lush lip scrub!!!! I don't live near a Lush and I hate paying postage haha.

    Great post though I love Paw Paw too :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely!

      Its so amazing you have to try it! try looking on ebay??

      Delete
  2. I have heard nothing but good things about LUSH but still, Im yet to try their products, I really must!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete