4.19.2013

Review | Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick

Not long ago I mentioned in my wishlist post that I would love to try out the Rimmel colour show off lipsticks. When I went into Priceline the other day I noticed that this lipstick line had been removed from the shelf, and is being discontinued. I was so annoyed because I really wanted to try the lipsticks out. Luckily on my way out i noticed the last 2 lipsticks were in a sale bin and marked down to $4 each. I think it was fate because they were the perfect colours for me.


 The two colours that I got are in 210 Pink Fame and 010 Pink Excess

 210 Pink Fame and 010 Pink Excess
 As there were no testers left I had to guess what the colours would be like, but the stickers on the bottom were pretty accurate. My first impression when opening the lipsticks was the amazing watermelon/berry smell that most Rimmel lipsticks have. The smell of these lipsticks were a little stronger then normal, but not overpowering. The fact that Rimmel lipsticks have this amazing smell is one of the main reasons I love them so much.

 210 Pink Fame and 010 Pink excess
Firstly sorry about the photo quality. my camera has been annoying and wont focus properly. The texture of these lipsticks is creamy and they are very, very pigmented. I found that I would only need to apply one coat and it would last 4-5 hours even after eating.

 Sorry this photo is so blurry.
 This lipstick is a little drying, but not too bad. The colour pay off is amazing like most of Rimmel's lipsticks are so I'm very impressed. I'm sad these lipsticks are being discontinued and I wish I had more of a chance to stock up! I will defiantly be re-buying these lipsticks if I can find them online as I am in love with them overall. If you see them be sure to pick some up and test them out before they vanish forever.
** all photos used in this post were taken by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment